Blue Manzanita Sheer Crinkle Silk Caftan Duster
Soft as a feather, digitally printed crinkle silk caftan duster.
This lightweight crinkle silk cover-up is perfect for any occasion. A one-of-a-kind gift for the holidays, or any day. The cap sleeves lightly cover the upper arms, providing discreet cover for those who wish it.
Sheer crinkle silk was printed with a digitally altered image of weeds floating in Lake Manzanita near Mt. Lassen, CA. After printing, the silk was steam set and washed for color fastness.
Hand sewn and beaded with iridescent seed beads.
Fantastic travel accessory. Can also be worn as a scarf wrapped around your neck.
Measures 25″ across the back and front. 33″ from shoulder, front and back.
Great in any season. Silk is light for summer and provides warmth in the winter. What a versatile and unique gift
-one of a kind water and foliage image in blues with yellow, green. magenta accents
-vibrant rich hues
-lightweight and sheer 100% sheer crinkle silk
-soft and flowing with a beautiful drape
-open front, side slits
-generous arm holes
-versatile beach cover up, resort, wedding, lingerie, all occasion layering piece
-individually printed, hand sewn and hand beaded by Sandy and Gini
Washable. To prolong life of silk, hand wash in cold water and white vinegar. Do not soak. Hang in shade to dry.
Machine washing okay, but not recommended. If machine washing, use a mesh bag. 1/2 cup white vinegar + 2 teaspoons salt works better than any laundry detergent. http://theheartysoul.com/diy-natural-laundry-detergent/
• Colleagues Sandy Scott and Gini Holmes create every Venus d’Pyro piece by hand in our studio.
• Shipping time is listed for all items as 3-5 working days (until it leaves the studio), plus shipping time, just in case we are out of town doing an art fair and can’t attend to an order immediately.
• Shipping cost is based on USPS Flat Rate shipping, small box. If you you’re your items sooner, please contact us. Priority and Express rates will be charged. You will find the option to select expedited shipping available at check out.
• To keep costs as low as possible, we do not add additional insurance, delivery confirmation, etc. If you would like additional services that you don’t find available at check out, and they are available for your country, please let us know and we will add the additional costs to your invoice.
• Each country has varying rules and fees regarding customs fees; these are the responsibility of the order recipient.
is a traditionally trained print maker who loves combining traditional with experimental printing techniques.
She has many works in private collections in the United States and Abroad.
She enjoys creating clothing and accessories from fabrics she finds in thrift stores. She either directly upcycles the fabric into a new garment, or manipulates it through different textile techniques, including:
Digital printing from a personal design
Printing with found objects
Breakdown surface printing
No printing is ever the same, making each item unique.
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in